My Learning from Today's PLG with Fiona GrantVisibility enables accelerated shift in learners.
Goal: Support teachers to utilise the technologies to accelerate learning outcomes through visible teaching and learning.
Focuses: Differentiating Cybersmart Learning. Identifying strategies that we are currently applying to achieve an accelerated shift.
I found today's PLG really helpful. We unpacked the Manaiakalani Kaupapa and explored in depth how to accelerate progress in students' learning. The underlying elements of connected learners, ubiquity, creativity and visibility all actually stem from and build on Maniakalani's Learn/ Create/ Share. I felt that breaking it down in this way gave me a real insight into what I am currently doing for my learners and helped in identifying future goals for myself.
Some of the areas I can look to improve in visibility are:
- A more visible learning hub where the learning is accessible anywhere, anytime, at any pace
- Rewindable learning supported through work and lessons being uploaded to class site.
- Personalising learning via multiple opportunities to access content and the learning process.
- Visible planning and teaching.
- Hub of information about events, groupings and progressions for both learners and parents.
- Weekly overviews and timetables.